Let Boko Haram deflower me and release Chibok girls —Adokiye

Since pop singer and Imo State Peace Ambassador hit stardom, she has never ceased to be a surprise package. She astounded her fans recently when she confided in Showtime that she is a virgin.

At 23, looking hot and rather willing with her liberated personality, her fans found it hard to believe, but Adokiye said it is true and that whoever wants her virginity should be prepared to buy her mother the private jet she long promised her.

But now it seems Adokiye is ready to give her coveted virginity for free, to members of the dreaded Boko Haram if they are ready to release the abducted Chibok girls in exchange.

“ This is 11pm in the night and do you know what I am thinking about? Those little girls, where they are and what could be happening to them. It is just unfair. They are too young. I wish I could offer myself in exchange,” she told Showtime.
When she was reminded that the girls could be making out time as sex slaves, the singer/actress retorted : “ They are between 12 and15 year old girls for Christ sake. I am older and more experienced. Even if 10 to12 men have to take me every night, I don’t care. Just release these girls and let them go back to their parents.” –


Brazil quotes: I want a kiss from the Queen— Balotelli

(AFP) – Who’s saying what at the World Cup on Friday:
“I’m bitterly disappointed, of course, but I don’t feel I need to resign.”
– England manager Roy Hodgson after the 2-1 defeat to Uruguay.
“For everything that was said, the doubts, this was a way to demonstrate everything I wanted to prove.”
– Luis Suarez hits back at his critics after scoring the two goals against England.
“If we beat Costa Rica I want a kiss, obviously on the cheek, from the UK Queen.”
– Italy striker Mario Balotelli jokes on Twitter over what he expects if helps England by scoring the winner against Costa Rica.
“I’m a very emotional person. My life has always been difficult. I thought about my father who died in 2004, and I also thought about my tough life.”
– Ivory Coast midfielder Serey Die who sobbed uncontrollably during the national anthems before the game with Colombia.
“That left foot strike, not only for Australia, but the whole of the world will definitely be something we remember forever, not only because what it meant to me but you see the fans here and I’ve seen the reactions back home.”
– Australia’s Tim Cahill on his spectacular goal against the Netherlands.

England won’t sack Hodgson despite Three Lions exit on june

(AFP) – Roy Hodgson will stay on as England manager until 2016 despite his side’s chastening group-stage elimination from the World Cup, Football Association chairman Greg Dyke announced on Friday.
“We are supportive of Roy Hodgson and would like him to stay as manager,” Dyke said in comments reported by British media shortly before England’s exit was confirmed by Costa Rica’s 1-0 victory over Italy in Recife.
“We do not see any value in changing. We think Roy has done a good job and it is an approach over four years and we hope to do better in the European Championships.”
With England having lost 2-1 to Uruguay in their Group D clash in Sao Paulo on Thursday, Costa Rica’s shock win over Italy condemned the 1966 champions to their earliest World Cup exit for 56 years.
Hodgson, who succeeded Fabio Capello in May 2012, is under contract with the FA until the 2016 European Championship in France.
Speaking before England’s elimination had been confirmed, he said that he was not thinking about stepping down.
“I don’t have any intention to resign,” the 66-year-old said. “I’m bitterly disappointed, of course, but I don’t feel I need to resign, no.”
Despite England’s early departure from Brazil, Hodgson has been praised for picking a youthful squad and attempting to inject attacking flair into his side’s play.
England impressed in their opening loss to Italy in Manaus last Saturday, with 19-year-old Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling catching the eye, but they produced an error-strewn display against Uruguay.
“Everybody thought we played really well in the first game and narrowly lost,” added Dyke.
“They were narrow defeats, but it is for the football people to decide what went wrong.
“In the second game, it could have gone either way. We were not humiliated or anything like that.”
In the immediate aftermath of England’s loss to Uruguay, British bookmakers were offering odds of 9/4 that Hodgson would lose his job.
Hodgson was eager to emphasise the positives after the game, saying that “this group of players will do some good things in time”.
The former Liverpool manager also received backing from England goalkeeper Joe Hart, who said: “I’m proud to play for Roy Hodgson. He’s a great manager. He’s a very passionate man.”
Hodgson has led a nomadic existence as a coach, beginning his career in Scandinavia and coaching clubs including Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, Udinese, Fulham, Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion.
Renowned for his emphasis on organisation and team shape, he has also coached the national teams of Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates, leading the former to their first World Cup for 28 years in 1994.
England will close their World Cup campaign against Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte on Tuesday, when the Central American side will need a point to secure top spot in Group D.

Nigeria VS Bosnia: The Facts

This will be the first ever game between Nigeria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Nigeria have won four, lost four and drawn once against European sides at the World Cup.
Nigeria haven’t won any of their last nine World Cup games (D3 L6), their last victory was a 1-0 over Bulgaria in 1998.

BRAZIL, Curitiba : (From top L) Nigeria’s team midfielder John Obi Mikel, forward Emmanuel Emenike, defender Kenneth Omeruo, defender Godfrey Oboabona and defender Efe Ambrose (from bottom L) forward Victor Moses, goalkeeper and captain Vincent Enyeama, forward Ahmed Musa, midfielder Ogenyi Onazi, midfielder Ramon Azeez and defender Juwon Oshaniwa pose during a Group F football match between Iran and Nigeria at the Baixada Arena in Curitiba at the 2014 FIFA World Cup on June 16, 2014. AFP PHOTO
Vedad Ibisevic netted Bosnia-Herzegovina’s first ever World Cup goal against Argentina. He found the net eight times in the European World Cup qualifiers.
Nigeria’s last World Cup goal from open play came in 2002 (Aghahowa against Sweden). Since then, the Eagles have mustered just three goals in five games, all from dead-ball situations.
Five of the last six goals Nigeria have conceded at the World Cup have come from set-pieces.
No player was involved in more goals than Edin Dzeko in the European qualifiers (14 – 10 goals, 4 assists).
Bosnia and Herzegovina attempted more shots at goal (11) than their opponents Argentina (9) in the opening match.
It is exactly 16 years and 3 days that Nigeria recorded her last victory at the World Cup (1-0 over Bulgaria in France 1998)
Recent form
Nigeria: WDDDLD
Bosnia-Herzegovina: WLLWWL


Colombian linesman replaced after Cameroon errors

AFP) – FIFA said Friday it has withdrawn Colombian linesman Humberto Clavijo from World Cup match duties after he flagged in error for two offsides in Mexico’s 1-0 victory over Cameroon.
Two goals by Mexico’s Giovani Dos Santos were ruled offside in Friday’s Group A game. FIFA did not give details of the incidents ruled errors.
Clavijo has been take off the list for Sunday’s Group H match between South Korea and Algeria because of the mistakes, said FIFA spokeswoman Delia Fischer.
The decision was taken by FIFA referees chief Massimo Busacca, the spokeswoman added. Clavijo is not suspected of match manipulation of any kind, FIFA security chief Ralf Mutschke said.
Ecuador linesman Christian Lescano will take Clavijo’s place assisting Colombian referee Wilmar Roldan in Sunday’s game.

We need a miracle to beat Argentina— Quiieroz

As Iran confront Argentina today in Belo Horizente, Coach Carlos Queiroz has said that Lionel Messi is incredible and may not be a human. He also said that they need a miracle to beat the two-time worlc champions.

Iran held the Super Eagles to a barren draw in their first Group F match on Monday, while Argentina defeated Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1, with Messi scoring the winner.

“Against Argentina, we need a miracle to defeat them. They are one the best teams in the world,” Queiroz told Argentine state-run news agency Telam.

“Argentina has one day more to rest and is in the better condition,” the 61-year-old said.

The former Real Madrid and Portugal coach said he is concerned not only about Lionel Messi but also about the rest of the Albicelestes players.

“Messi is not a human. He is an incredible player; however all the other players also worry me. (Angel) Di Maria, (Gonzalo) Higuain and (Javier) Mascherano are the great players,” he added

Tough start can only help Brazil chances – David Luiz –


Brazil may not have come flying out of the traps at this World Cup, but defender David Luiz believes the stern tests they have faced in their opening matches can only improve their chances of winning the trophy.

When the draw was made back in December, the hosts looked to have got off lightly in a section with three sides who had all struggled, to different degrees, during qualifying.

But Brazil were perhaps lucky to beat Croatia 3-1 in their first Group A match after conceding the first goal, and Mexico showed that they are a much better side now under Miguel Herrera than they were six months ago as they held the tournament favourites to a 0-0 draw in Fortaleza on Tuesday.

“I wanted great games and two great victories for Brazil,” admitted Luiz when asked for his assessment of Brazil’s start to the competition.

“But that way we would not have had the opportunity to see what is really required in a World Cup or what we are going to come up against later on,” he added of a squad with only five survivors from the group that reached the quarter-finals in South Africa in 2010.

“Sometimes you start off winning games 3-0 and then suddenly you lose in the next round and you go home, but this last game showed us what is required.”

‘Learn to suffer’ –

After Tuesday’s match at the Castelao Stadium, it seemed that the Brazilian camp were showering such high praise on the Mexicans in an attempt to deflect attention away from their own defects.

But the former Chelsea centre-back, who earlier this month completed a move to French champions Paris Saint-Germain that will see him team up with international team-mate Thiago Silva, appeared genuinely struck by the quality of the Mexican team.

“If Mexico play like that in every game from now, they will go far,” the 27-year-old insisted in Teresopolis.

The level of scrutiny on the Brazil team at their training camp is intense, with hundreds of journalists from all around the world watching every move of Luiz Felipe Scolari’s side and trying to pick holes in their preparations.

The local media have been concerned at the perceived lack of time spent on the training field, although Friday’s session did last for almost two hours.
The media have also questioned how the temperate climate at Brazil’s base 800 metres above sea level in the mountains north of Rio de Janeiro can adequately prepare them for games in the heat of Fortaleza or Brasilia, where they tackle Cameroon in their final group match.

However, within the squad the perception is that Brazil are still getting used to the level of competition in the World Cup, something which does not compare to that seen in the Confederations Cup a year ago.

“In the Confederations Cup things went so well because our desire to win was so much greater than the other teams,” said Luiz. “But everyone wants to win the World Cup in Brazil.

“Australia almost beat the Netherlands, who hammered Spain. The champions have been knocked out already. We know we can evolve and get better, but we need to learn to suffer.

“As players, we dream of moments like this. We are working hard and we believe in our philosophy.”
– Brazil need only a point against Cameroon to be certain of progressing to the last 16 and a meeting with either Chile or the Netherlands.

FG to tackle house racketeering with biometrics


The Federal Government is set to employ the use of biometric technology to tackle house racketeering, whereby the rich and influential buy up houses built by government and re-sell at exorbitant prices to the less privileged.

Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi, disclosed this during an inspection tour of the ministry’s prototype housing scheme in Suleja, Niger State.

She said government will deploy the technology to curb sharp practices in the allocation of houses, expressing optimism that the strategy will lead to significant reduction the housing challenges confronting majority of Nigerians.

“We are trying to put up a system where we will ensure that no more than one person will have access to one unit so that it can spread to all persons. I want to guarantee Nigerians that under this dispensation, an individual will be entitled to only one house,” she stated.
-The minister noted that the 102-unit housing estate, made up of 3 units of three bedrooms, 44 units of two bedrooms and 32 units of one bedroom apartments, are being developed under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) scheme.

Eyakenyi explained that the three-bedroom apartments would be allocated to contributors to the National Housing Fund (NHF) for N5.8 million, while the two-bedroom and one-bedroom houses are to cost N4.7 million and 1.8 million respectively.

In a related development, the housing minister said the federal government, in collaboration with the private sector, is expected to deliver about 10, 000 housing units to Nigerians before the end of the year.

Speaking at an event recently in Abuja, she stated: “In February, the President launched the Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) Scheme and as we speak, we have about 14 states that have indicated interest to be a part of this scheme.

We’re all aware that housing is a major problem and it’s absurd that people work 35 years and at retirement still live in rented accommodation.
Arrangements are in progress and in the next two months, they will start up the project and before the end of this year, 10, 000 housing units will be delivered to Nigerians.

“Other than the government’s contribution in the housing sector, we are also negotiating with developers on a public private partnership approach where the government will give land and you will have the developer and mortgage bank come in so that it will help Nigerians and civil servants to acquire it and it will become their own.”

Wanted Boko Haram terror gang leader killed in shootout

The Defence headquarters Friday disclosed that a wanted notorious gang leader of the Boko Haram who has led many attacks against the military and the police including the killing of two soldiers along Lokoja Kaduna road in 2013 has been killed.

In its blog of Friday, June 20th, DHQ said, “A notorious terrorist who has led serial attacks on security personnel, Mallam Husaini has died in an encounter between his group and a military convoy along Jos – Bauchi highway”.

“Husaini who leads a cell of the terrorists billed to operate in the Plateau is known to have led an attack on Headquarters, Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Abuja, in November 2012”.

“He also led the attack on a military convoy moving from Lokoja to Kaduna where 2 soldiers were killed in January 2013”.

“The terrorist’s gang had attacked a military convoy while on an operational patrol between Jos and Bauchi”.

“At the end of the encounter, the Ford bus used by the terrorists was captured, 8 primed Improvised Explosive Devices, rifles, pistols and about 70 rounds of ammunition”.
-“Also at Malamfatori in Borno State, security personnel in pursuit of a band of terrorists who attacked a police station recovered the vehicles stolen by the gang as it was abandoned while they fled into Niger Republic”.

“Other items which included uniforms of security organisations as well as protective gears, boots and other goods which they had stolen from various locations towards Nigeria – Niger border were also recovered by troops”.

“In another development, two men, Sani Sule and Idris Rume who were found loitering around the Aba Prisons have been arrested by officers of the Nigerian Prisons and handed over to troops in the state for further investigations”.

Emir Sanusi turbans new Wazirin Kano

Kano – The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, on Friday turbaned Malam Sa’ad Shehu Gidado as the new Waziri of Kano.

Gidado replaced Sheik Nasir Muhammad Nasir, whose appointment by the late emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero, on June 6, was rejected by the State Government.

Speaking at the ceremony in Kano, the emir charged the new Waziri to work diligently for the progress of Kano Emirate.

He said the title was based on merit and urged him to discharge his duties with utmost fear of God.

Sanusi implored him to justify the confidence reposed in him by providing meaningful advice, which would assist in ensuring justice and fairness to all.

The Emir also called the appointee to cooperate with other council members to enable him discharge his duties effectively.

Responding, the new Waziri, thanked the emir for giving him the opportunity to serve the emirate.

He pledged to work with justice and fairness for the accelerated development of the emirate.
He solicited the support and cooperation of all to enable him discharged his duties.

Gidado as born in 1966 at Kurawa Quarters, Kano and attended Jarkasa Primary school from 1972 to 1978.

He proceeded to Government Arabic Secondary School Gwale from 1980 to 1986.

He also attended Aminu Kano College of Islamic and Legal studies from 1986 to 1989.

He was appointed the registrar of the Emirate Council in 2001. (NAN)

latest News,Entertainment Gist,Music